1.0 Our core beliefs regarding user privacy and data protection
- User privacy and data protection are human rights
- We have a duty of care to the people within our data
- Data is a liability, it should only be collected and processed when absolutely necessary
- We loathe spam as much as you do!
- We will never sell, rent or otherwise distribute or make public your personal information
2.0 Relevant legislation
Along with our business and internal computer systems, this website is designed to comply with the following national and international legislation with regards to data protection and user privacy:
- UK Data Protection Act 1988 (DPA)
- EU Data Protection Directive 1995 (DPD)
- EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR)
- EU Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 (PECR)
This site’s compliance with the above legislation, all of which are stringent in nature, means that this site is likely compliant with the data protection and user privacy legislation set out by many other countries and territories as well. If you are unsure about whether this site is compliant with your own country of residences’ specific data protection and user privacy legislation you should contact our data protection officer (details of whom can be found in section 9.0) for clarification.
3.0 Personal information that this website collects and why we collect it
This website collects and uses personal information for the following reasons:
3.1 Site visitation tracking
Like most websites, this site uses Google Analytics (GA) to track user interaction. We use this data to determine the number of people using our site, to better understand how they find and use our web pages and to see their journey through the website.
Although GA records data such as your geographical location, device, internet browser and operating system, none of this information personally identifies you to us. GA also records your computer’s IP address which could be used to personally identify you but Google do not grant us access to this. We consider Google to be a third party data processor (see section 6.0 below).
Disabling cookies on your internet browser will stop GA from tracking any part of your visit to pages within this website.
3.2 Contact forms and email links
Should you choose to contact us using the contact form on our Contact us page or an email link like this one, none of the data that you supply will be stored by this website or passed to / be processed by any of the third party data processors defined in section 6.0. Instead the data will be collated into an email and sent to us over the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP). Our SMTP servers are protected by TLS (sometimes known as SSL) meaning that the email content is encrypted using SHA-2, 256-bit cryptography before being sent across the internet. The email content is then decrypted by our local computers and devices.
3.3 Email newsletter
If you choose to join our email newsletter, the email address that you submit to us will be forwarded to MailChimp who provide us with email marketing services. We consider MailChimp to be a third party data processor (see section 6.0 below). The email address that you submit will not be stored within this website’s own database or in any of our internal computer systems.
Your email address will remain within MailChimp’s database for as long as we continue to use MailChimp’s services for email marketing or until you specifically request removal from the list. You can do this by unsubscribing using the unsubscribe links contained in any email newsletters that we send you or by requesting removal via email. When requesting removal via email, please send your email to us using the email account that is subscribed to the mailing list.
If you are under 16 years of age you MUST obtain parental consent before joining our email newsletter.
While your email address remains within the MailChimp database, you will receive periodic emails from us containing our latest deals and offers.
4.0 What data is being collected and processed?
In order to enter into a brokerage agreement with Contract Cars, we will collect, store and use elements of your personal data. The processing of this personal data is a contractual requirement and is necessary by Contract Cars in order to administer your account and to provide the products and services you have requested from us.
When you approach Contract Cars to engage in our brokerage services, we will ask your consent to collect and process your personal data. Failure to provide this consent and/or personal data may mean we will be unable to execute the contract and will result in termination of our services.
When engaging Contract Cars brokerage services, you will usually need to disclose to us the following:
- first name(s), surname or company name (including representation as the case may be)
- address (street, street number, postal code, city and country/region)
- email address
- date of birth
- telephone and mobile number
- employment details (employer name, employer address, employment history)
- monthly income and expenditure
- bank details (account number, account holder and card number)
- VAT ID number (as the case may be)
We will also monitor, record, store and use any telephone, email or other electronic communications with you for training purposes so that we can check any instructions given to us and to improve the quality of our customer service.
Any personal data we collect from you will not be transferred outside the European Economic Area.
5.0 About this website’s server
This website is hosted by UK Fast within an ISO accredited UK data centre located in Manchester.
Some of the data centre’s more notable security features are as follows:
- PCI and ISO accredited and with 24/7/365 onsite security, access protocol and 2.8m razor wire prison fencing.
- Security accreditations: ISO27001:2013 (Information Security Management), ISO 9001:2008 (Quality) and PCI DSS
- Access control: Fully integrated access control management system, proximity card controlled access/egress
- On-site security: 24/7/365 by SIA accredited UKFast staff
- CCTV: 760 cameras, both Internal and external
- Fencing: 2.8m prison fencing and razor wire perimeter fence
- Firewall: Site specific dedicated firewall technology
- Only authorised security cleared staff are allowed into the facility
Full details of UKFast’s data centre can be found here.
All traffic (transferral of files) between this website and your browser is encrypted and delivered over HTTPS.
6.0 Our third-party data processors
We use a number of third parties to process personal data on our behalf. These third parties have been carefully chosen and all of them comply with the legislation set out in section 2.0. All 3 of these third parties are based in the USA and are EU-U.S Privacy Shield compliant.
7.0 Data Breaches
We will report any unlawful data breach of this website’s database or the database(s) of any of our third party data processors to any and all relevant persons and authorities within 72 hours of the breach if it is apparent that personal data stored in an identifiable manner has been stolen.
8.0 Data Controller
The data controller of this website is: Big Media Presence Limited, a UK Private limited Company with company number: 05474936
Whose registered office is:
12 Ambassador Place,
And whose operating office is:
12 Ambassador Place,
9.0 Data Protection Officer
Data Protection Officer
12 Ambassador Place,
Telephone: 0161 928 3456
Email: [email protected]
10.1 Change log
Next review due May 2019